Canadian Union of Public Employees Local 3904

Unit 1

Contract Lecturers

If I have a complaint, what do I do?

If something in your workplace is happening that seems unfair to you, contact your department steward or your unit VP on the CUPE Local 3904 Executive. Your department steward, Unit VP or other Executive Officers will be able to discuss and assess the situation in order to help you deal with it in the most efficient and appropriate manner.

Sometimes intervention other than a grievance may be more effective and will therefore be used.

When am I eligible for Service Adjustment Pay and when should I expect to receive it?

Once a Contract Lecturer begins to accrue a full seniority point and reach the top of the Unit 1 pay scale, they become eligible for Service Adjustment Pay. Service Adjustment Pay is paid every time you accrue a full seniority point once you have hit the maximum pay on the Unit 1 pay scale. Unit 1 members holding full time and reduced sessional appointments receive Service Adjustment Pay after two consecutive terms. Unit 1 members holding part-time sessional appointments receive Service Adjustment Pay after three consecutive terms.

How do I find out how many seniority points I have?

The department(s) where you hold a Unit 1 appointment(s) keeps track of the seniority points for all CUPE Local 3904 Unit 1 members who teach in that department. In Unit 1, seniority points are department specific, but not course specific. The seniority list for each department is required, under the new Collective Agreement, to be made public on the job postings for each semester.